MODEL GODLY CHARACTER
The best thing we can do for our students is to keep ourselves balanced, healthy and growing spiritually. The healthier our walk with God, the healthier our ministry will be. A few healthy disciplines we expect of our leaders include:
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth
- Heart for prayer
- Positive attitude towards personal growth
- Modeling a balanced life
- Involvement in relationships that provide personal accountability
- Commitment to relationships with other volunteers
EMBRACE THE PURPOSES AND VALUES OF STUDENT MINISTRIES
Our purposes and values are the foundation for our ministry. They are not the only way to do ministry, but they are our way. When we are united by purpose we can better meet the spiritual and social needs of our students.
As a role model to young people, it's important to realize that the decisions you make are being watched and sometimes emulated. Our Student Ministries department will not tolerate the following characteristics/actions from our leaders:
- Dating/romantic relationships with students
- Illegal activity with students
- Being alone with a student of the opposite sex
- Divisiveness, gossip, slander of other students or adults
- Inappropriate sharing of a your personal life
Furthermore, we ask leaders to use extreme discretion and be above reproach in their own lives. Our Student Ministries team reserves the right to remove a leader from ministry at their discretion.
GO ABOVE AND BEYOND IN BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS
Our desire is that in all of our efforts to minister, we give the best of ourselves, as we become authentic followers of Jesus Christ. Your initiative to serve, lead, disciple, and challenge students will play a huge part in the effectiveness of impacting lives. This means we ask our leaders to:
- Seek out and connect with students
- Pray weekly for their students
- Make contact with students via letters, phone calls, texts, etc.
As a leader, we feel it is necessary for leaders to be committed to Friends Church as their home church, and we expect you to attend the main weekly worship service. Consistency is a key characteristic for all Student Ministry leaders. Students need to be able to trust that their leader is committed to the ministry that they lead. We ask that leaders participate in and attend 90% of the program(s) you commit to, along with 100% of the Student Ministries training meetings.