THE BASIC INFO
Purpose: To intentionally disciple kids, helping them GROW in their faith and use their lives to SERVE God and others.
- theElement happens on Wednesday nights (7:00pm-8:30pm) from September 19th, 2012 to May 1st, 2013. We meet in the Cove (Room B-31), unless otherwise noted (check the Calendar for special changes in meeting locations/times). We are so thrilled for this upcoming year to equip and lead your kids to becoming authentic Christ followers!
- At theElement each child will be part of a GROW Group (small group of 5-10 kids led by the same small group leader each week) and a SERVE Team. Throughout the year, the GROW Groups will go through studies to deepen their faith. Some weeks they will also meet with their SERVE teams, or work on special SERVE projects. James 1:22 says, "Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says!" This is the encouragement James gives to believers to put into practice what you study and learn!
- A parent/student orientation will be on September 19th at 7:00pm in room 317. This is where parents and kids will be able to meet the leaders and get the info for the September-May season. We want all parents and students to be there!
Click here to download the calendar.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The registration fee is $30, which includes: curriculum, snacks, supplies for the small group, and an Element t-shirt. (Register before September 9th to vote on this years t-shirt design.)
ARE THERE CERTAIN REQUIREMENTS?
Yes, and here they are….
Student (Kid) Requirements:
- Complete online Registration.
- Complete interview with Element Staff (for NEW Element kids only and can be done during September 19th meeting).
- Attend a minimum of 20 of the 27 Wednesday nights (September-May), not including Holiday Breaks, and be ready to grow and learn!
- Make sure you are attending Weekend Services, even on weekends you don't serve! (If you are a KV Assistant, you will be expected to "Attend" one service and "Serve" during a different service.)
- Be available to serve at all-church events as needed.
- Attend the orientation night on September 19th with your child.
- Review the weekly lessons with your child and help them apply the principles they are studying.
- Make sure your child is on time each week for theElement and their serve assignments!
- Help your child stay committed throughout the year!
WHAT SERVE ELEMENTS CAN I BE ON?
Since this program has both a GROW aspect & SERVE aspect, each child will need to choose an Element SERVE team.
There are four different SERVE teams you can choose from: Worship, Production, KV Assistants, and Multi Media. You will sign up for your preferred team when your register online. Each team has a limited number of kids allowed, and you will be assigned to a team in the order that you sign up. We hope to give every kid his or her first or second choice, though there is not a guarantee. Here is a brief description of how each team will be serving:
Worship Team (Worship)
- Assist in leading worship for KidVenture on weekends
- Help choose Song Selections each month
- Choose new worship music for upcoming year
- Assist in creating yearly worship training DVD
Cove Production Team (Connect/Reach)
- Assist in the decor and design of the room
- Serve on rotation as room greeters
- Serve on rotation as the Cove Host during weekend services
- Serve on rotation at the Snack Shack
- Possible opportunities to be used in Weekend and Holiday dramas
Small Group Assistants (Grow) -
- Serve as Jr. Small Group leaders in with kids 3 years old - Kindergarten
- Prep Small Group Supplies
- Serve as room greeters and build relationships with kids
- Learn how to lead an effective small group
Multi-Media Team (Serve)
- Run technical equipment in KidVenture rooms on the weekends
- Help create videos/slideshows for events in KV
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Element is closed for fall of 2012. Check back in late December as it may open up again for the Spring of 2013.