GOD's Love in Action
There are times when everyone of us experiences difficulties. Times when we could benefit from the support of a caring Christian friend. Stephen Ministers are ready to provide the emotional and spiritual care we need when faced with a crisis or difficulty.
These needs include but are not limited to...
- those grieving a death or serious loss
- the hospitalized
- the separated or divorced
- those facing loneliness or discouragement
- those in spiritual crisis
- those with a job crisis
- the terminally ill and their families
- those with a chronic illness
- the aging and elderly
- households experiencing birth or adoption
- people who move into or out of our community
- those facing life transitions
- those needing the support of a Christian friend
- those with disabilities and their families
- prisoners, ex-offenders and their families
Stephen Ministry is a confidential ministry; the identity of those receiving care and what takes place in each caring relationship remain private.
What is Stephen Ministry?
Our congregation's Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide confidential one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
Stephen Ministers are committed Christian people who...
- Express God's care through their lives to others
- Are a congregation member with gifts for care giving who was carefully selected to serve in this role and commissioned by the Elders of the Church
- Receive extensive care training in caring ministry skills and concepts
- Visit their care receiver regularly and dependably offering Christian support and care
- Participate in monthly personal support, supervision and continuing education for skill building under the guidance of trained Stephen Leaders
- Are committed to preserving the confidential nature of the caring relationship
- Serve for at least two years
If you’d like to learn more about Stephen Ministry for yourself, a family member, or a friend, neighbor, coworker, or someone else you know-inside or outside our congregation-please email Cindy or call 714.777.7384.